Tuesday 15 April 2014

My utterly truthful and accurate Elder Scrolls Online review!

Okay I have been playing this game since the beta, I did a Twitch of it, and some people even watched me play it (I am not sure if i broke the NDA or not, but I did it anyway, because that's how I roll) Now it must be said that it didn't quite spark as much interest as Flappy bird - which i did a lets play of, that got a LOT of hits - even got into double figures!
A flappy bird  (Yesterday)
So i was wondering why, well i guess it was because the stress test and everyone who wanted to play did, and people were not really interested in The Elder Scrolls Online or TESO as I will call it from now on.
Somethings eating each other (Yesterday)
I played the Beta as I said, and i wasn't impressed, I liked Skyrim and Oblivion - not to a fanboy amount I finished the Skyrim main story without even realising I did, i wasn't hugely impressed by it, and I found the combat unwieldy and clunky which spoilt my immersion of the game - but there is no doubt it looked beautiful and this the problem with TESO - it doesn't stand with Skyrim, it doesn't look nearly as good, but when you see a sweeping vista on Skyrim and compare it to TESO it looks like an older game - I understand you have to render all the other players, and you have to allow for the fact it is an MMO but it really doesn't look that good

An Elf (Yesterday)
When i played it i found the quests utterly tedious, go here... talk to this person.. go to the next person, talk to that person, go to the next person, till you meet the big boss of that quest - Kill them and go talk to someone else, get a small reward, talk to another person get a bigger reward, and repeat. Over and over this happens, you don't even have to read the quests, or the dialogue trees, just click on the top one till they're all greyed out, and follow your compass to the next way point... ZZZzzzzz! I was rushing through quests just so i could get to ones i had not done to see if they were going to be more exciting, Spoiler alert: They're not - it uses one megaserver with invisible instances but in most quests you be "queuing" up to kill the boss of each quest... swarmed by loads of other players all trying to get a hit on the boss, and if you get at least a couple of hits in then you'll get a quest complete - the only change in this is certain boss fights are instanced in those cases you'll have to find a group using the grouping tool, but even though players will happy join forces with NPCs getting other players to even talk to you is pretty much impossible! The only Zone chat you will see is all from Gold sellers or people complaining about gold sellers - or people complaining about bugs.
LOOK! THE BOSS! ALL CHARGE (yesterday)
And boy are there a LOT of bugs, weirdly even bugs that have existed since beta - quests seem to stick, bosses you need to kill not spawning (so you can't carry on the story) Spirits of Earth and Water etc one point all speak German, they "Help" you by giving you hints while you fight a big boss, except they're in German, and i don't speak German, so i don't know what to do! I managed to struggle through, but it was annoying. Also another bug is your helmet will just vanish randomly, one i crafted was fine, but the really good one i got for a quest, that is irreplaceable, i can't redo the quest because well its an MMO so you can't!
My connection isn't the greatest at the moment, i tend to lag a bit, and to that end i was playing a warrior, heavy armour all my skill points buried in passive skills to make me triple hard, i should be able to soak up all the damage in the world and not die easily - however bosses (and to a lesser extent) crowds of mobs every so often with do a special move that will devastate you, you can of course shield, run out of the way or do a counter attack that will stun them, but if you're too lagged to see this massive flagged event - You die.. and thats annoying too, death isn't really a problem, you respawn about (usually) 10 feet away and just have to run back again, and hope it doesn't happen again.
At the time of writing i haven't tried PvP (apparently where this game shines)  because I am really not that interested in PvP - and when i tried to move to Cyrodiil i just sat there doing nothing for so long I quit the game and went and did something less boring instead.
EEEE! a GHOST!!! (yesterday)
So if you want a game where you're running about in a queue doing quests for ghosts (seriously why? You're dead! have a lie down and stop making me put candles on things or break old things or something) then TESO is probably for you - I really think that this game ISN'T for me, so I cancelled my sub and will probably delete it before my "free" time runs out - I might return to it when it is free to play and I can play it with my friends, but i won't hold my breath.

Most expensive PC game ever!! haha... 2/10 - Would not recommend

1 comment:

pandora necklace wholesale usa said...

So i was wondering why, well i guess it was because the stress test and everyone who wanted to play did, and people were not really interested in The Elder Scrolls Online or TESO as I will call it from now on. bracelet chile , bracelet germany ,